Your 4th of July celebration is incomplete without some delicious cookout recipes. They don’t necessarily have to be red, blue, and white; making them delicious should be your goal.
These cookout recipes will serve everyone whether you’re having a crowd or an intimate gathering.
4th of July Burger
No one can ever say no to a burger! So make this delicious beef burger for your guests this 4th of July, and they will love it.
- Beef burger meat
- Buttermilk (1 ½ cups)
- Onion (1, large)
- Baking powder (1 teaspoon)
- Salt (¼ tsp)
- Black pepper (¼ tsp)
- Bacon salt
- All-purpose flour (2-3 cups)
- Burger bun
- Tomato slices
- Oil (for frying)
- In a bowl, pour the buttermilk and add baking powder, salt, cayenne, and pepper. Now thinly slice an onion and put it inside the buttermilk mixture. Leave it for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, flatten the beef burger meat and season with salt, black pepper, and cayenne. Shallow fry or grill the meat until both sides turn brown.
- Add all-purpose flour, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper, 1 tsp cumin seeds, and ½ tsp cayenne and mix. Take out the onions, and put them in this mixture. Make sure the flour fully covers the onions. Fry the onions until golden brown and spread them on a paper towel.
- Grill the burger bun with butter inside it, and start assembling the burger.
- Put tomatoes, cheese slices, grilled beef, lettuce, salt and pepper, mayo, and fried onions in the burger. Serve it with ketchup or chili sauce.
Beef Burger Cheese Balls
How about you give a new look to your beef burger? Make these beef burger cheese balls that use almost the same ingredients as the previous recipe, but in a different way that’s tasty and perfect for a 4th of July party table.
- Beef mince (1 kg)
- Pizza dough (800 g)
- Cheddar cheese (8 slices)
- Salt (1 ¼ tsp)
- Cumin seeds (1 tsp)
- Garlic powder (1 tsp)
- Pepper (1 tsp)
- Egg (1)
- Sesame seeds (2-3 tbsp)
- Oil (for frying)
- Add beef mince, salt, pepper, cumin seeds, and garlic powder to a bowl. Mix well. Take portions of approximately 2 tablespoons out of the meat and flatten it a little bit. Shallow fry until they turn brown.
- Now take small portions of the pizza dough and roll them with a rolling pin.
- It’s time for the filling. Put a cheese slice in the flattened pizza dough, then the fried patty, and another slice of cheese. Cover it from all sides to form a dough ball.
- Make several dough balls using the same method and put them in a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Brush the dough balls with egg, and sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Bake at 360°F for 30 minutes.
- Serve the dough balls on an elegant platter and with fancy plastic flatware. Remember, the cutlery you use impacts your guests, so make sure to choose an elegant one. Hosts often don’t care about getting elegant disposable silverware that ruins their table setup. Look at this disposable plastic flatware collection and get the one you like. The advantage you get with disposable flatware and platters is an easy clean-up, which is something you want the most on events like the 4th of July celebration.
Spicy Chicken Wings
- Chicken wings (1 kg, cleaned)
- Corn flour (½ cup)
- All-purpose flour (½ cup)
- Ground black pepper (2 tsp)
- Salt (2 tsp)
- Ketchup (4 tbsp)
- Sriracha sauce (4 tbsp)
- Sugar (2 tbsp)
- Garlic powder (1 tsp) v
- Marinate the chicken wings in 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper for one hour. Add all-purpose flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, and corn flour and mix. Put the marinated chicken in it and let the flour cover all the chicken wings. Heat oil in a pan and fry the wings until they’re brown.
- In a bowl, prepare the sauce by adding sriracha sauce, ketchup, sugar, and garlic powder. Mix and pour it into a heating pan with butter inside. Cook it until it thickens up a little bit. This will take about 2 minutes.
- Add in your crispy, fried chicken wings and mix well. Serve on an elegant platter.
Crispy Onion Rings
Onion rings can be an excellent option for your 4th of July tablescape. The only problem most people have making them is that they become soggy. So we share our recipe to help you make the crispiest and most delicious onion rings.
- Large onions (3-4)
- All-purpose flour (¾ cup)
- Salt (1 tsp)
- Black pepper (1 tsp)
- Sparkling water or club soda (1 cup)
- Bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- Slice the onions into approximately ¼-inch circles. Separate the different layers of each slice.
- Mix all-purpose flour, salt, and black pepper in a separate bowl. Add club soda or sparkling water into it until it forms a batter. It should be of a runny consistency, but not too much. You can use standard, cold water, but sparkling water makes your batter fluffier and lighter.
- Dip the onion rings into this batter and then coat with bread crumbs. Fry in heated oil until they are golden brown. Spread them on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
There you have it! Crispy and scrumptious onion rings for your Independence Day celebration.
Grilled Cheese Corn
Grilled corn is one of the easiest recipes you can make. Plus, it tastes great, which makes it an excellent addition to our 4th of July menu.
- Corn (6 ears)
- Olive oil (3 tbsp)
- Salt (1 tsp)
- Black pepper (1 tsp)
- Cheddar cheese (50 gm)
- Melted butter (3 tbsp)
Pour olive oil on the corns and season with salt and pepper. Grill on medium heat (15 minutes for each side). Put them on a platter and pour melted butter on top. Top with some cheddar cheese, and you’re good to go. You can also put parmesan cheese on top of your corns. It tastes equally impressive.