Is there anything more beautiful than the fall colors of nature? I think not. As the temperature drops, we start to see the leaves change from green to various shades of orange, yellow, and red. But autumn is also a time when people get together to celebrate holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving — and these celebrations often involve tables full of delicious food. So if you're planning an eco-friendly party this season, don't let your beautiful table setting take away from all that beauty! Here are some ideas for ways you can make sure that no matter what part of nature inspires your decorating theme, it will be accessible on our planet too:
General Tips for Eco-Friendly Party Decorations
When planning an event, you want it to be a fun and memorable experience for your guests. But what about the environment? Can you have both?
Of course! You can ensure that your event is still beautiful, stylish, and friendly to the planet. Here are some tips for eco-friendly party decorations:
1) Use real flowers instead of fake ones, if possible. They'll last longer, look better, and smell better than fake flowers—and they don't have to be thrown away after your party is over!
2) Use recycled paper products for your invitations and other printed materials for the event. You can order them online or ask your local printer if they'll use recycled paper products.
3) Buy from local businesses as much as possible; this helps keep money in your community, which is excellent for everybody!
4) Use solar lights instead of electric ones, so you don't have to worry about running out of batteries!
Potted Flowers or Plants
- Use potted flowers or plants.
- Choose a container that is eco-friendly, reusable, and biodegradable.
- You can also use a non-toxic container that you can either bring back to the store or recycle properly when it's time to toss your plant's old pot.
Eco-Friendly Candles, Lanterns, and Holders
Candles are a great way to add a touch of warmth and light to your space. You don't want all of them to be real candles, though! Using LED, beeswax, or soy wax candles will ensure you aren't burning through tons of energy and reduce the number of harmful toxins released into the air. If you choose to use real candles, be sure they are made from 100% beeswax or 100% soy wax (and not just labeled that way).
You can also use lanterns or candle holders made of recycled materials instead of plastic ones. There are so many options out there now that it should be easy for you to find one that works best for your decorating style!
Repurposed Paint Cans
Some of the most obvious ways to repurpose paint cans are vases, candle holders, planters, and containers for food. However, you can also use them for storage or crafts!
For example… You can use old paint cans as decorating items by filling them with autumn leaves or other natural materials and placing them around your table. Or fill the cans with colorful fall flowers like mums and gourds from your garden or local florist. This is a great way to create an eco-friendly centerpiece on your farmhouse table if you don't have much space in your home.
Bring in Gold Accents
Look for gold accents. If you're an eco-conscious host, chances are you don't want to be using disposable paper plates and plastic tableware. But that doesn't mean your party has to look like it was thrown together at the last minute. If you have some extra time before the party, look for gold chargers (a flat plate used instead of a tablecloth), flatware (knives, forks, and spoons), napkin rings, centerpieces, and so on to dress up your tablescape—and they'll still be around after your guests are gone!
Use organic ingredients wherever possible. You might not be able to get organic berries or honey into every dish on the menu, but there are several other options: soaked nuts may replace cashews in nut cheese balls; apple slices instead of grapes in an antipasto platter; dehydrated or freeze-dried fruit can replace fresh fruit in desserts like granola parfaits with yogurt and honey drizzle.
Decorate with flowers grown locally.
Use natural wood rather than plastic materials when making centerpieces for a woodland theme.
Make sure all food items are labeled as "organic" if possible; this way, guests know exactly what's going into their dishes without asking questions about what specific ingredients were used during preparation timeframes.
Tin Can Vases
You can also use tin cans to make vases, candle holders, and lanterns. Tin cans are great for parties because they're inexpensive and give a rustic feel to your table setting. If you're looking for an easy DIY project that costs pennies and makes a significant impact, try making one of these decorations using empty cans from your pantry or recycling bin:
- Tin Can Vase - Turn those old tins into beautiful vases by painting them with acrylic paint! We used white acrylic paint with gold glitter mixed in for this project. We then drew on designs using black markers after the paint dried.
- Tin Can Lantern - Cut slits along the sides of the tin can about halfway up (you can also leave some space between each slit). Then cut small holes around the top edge so you have a small opening on each side where the light will shine through when lit (this step is optional). Use wire or string to attach tissue paper inside the lantern by sticking it into one end of the tissue paper roll, then wrapping it around both sides until it fits snuggly inside but does not block out any light coming through from outside sources like street lamps, etcetera.
Decorate with Marigold
Marigolds are another great way to decorate your table for an eco-friendly autumn party. These flowers are known for their bright yellow petals and the fact that they grow quickly, making them a symbol of happiness and friendship. In addition, they're inexpensive, require little maintenance, and can be grown indoors or out (just make sure to keep them away from direct sunlight).
There are many ways you can use marigolds at your autumn table:
- Place a few in a clear vase as an alternative to candles or tea lights.
- Make tea from dried marigold petal tea leaves (a process that takes several weeks)
- Add dried marigold petals on top of pumpkin bread.
Pressed Flower Placemats
Pressed flower placemats are a great way to add a natural element to your party table. To make them, begin by finding a flat surface and setting aside an afternoon to press flowers. You can buy pressed flowers at craft stores or online shops.
- Once you've gathered some lovely blooms, lay them out on top of the cardboard with their stems facing each other in opposite directions. Once they're all nicely arranged (no leaves or berries!), place another layer of cardboard overtop and stack up some heavy objects—like bricks!—on top for about 24 hours until dry.
- Store your new pressed flower placemat somewhere safe before bringing it with you when hosting this autumnal gathering! And don't forget: once the party's over, there are lots of ways these can be reused outside of being pressed into service as table decorations: try hanging them around mirrors or lamps for added texture, arranging smaller bunches together in mason jars for display purposes, tucking them into vases...the possibilities are endless!
Eco-Friendly Table Setting
Since you're celebrating an eco-friendly autumn party, your choices until now are entirely eco-friendly. So, why not make your table setting eco-friendly with our eco-friendly dinnerware.
Our eco-friendly dinnerware includes dinnerware made of leaves, palm leaf disposable bowls, and disposable leaf plates, which you can use to make your party green. Our leaf ware will bring some epic vibes to your autumn party.
The falling leaves in autumn are so mesmerizing to watch. So, for your outside eco-friendly party setting, we also offer compostable party plates, eco-disposable trays, and biodegradable mini partyware to assist you in hosting an epic ecofriendly party.
We also provide excellent value set offers by giving you a dinnerware set according to your needs per the number of guests.
The table is the first thing people see when they enter your party. That's why it's essential to get the right decorations and ensure they look good together. If you want to make an eco-friendly autumn party, then all these tips will help!