The bone-chilling winds and the freezing snowfall calls for a perfectly warm cup of hot chocolate served with some marshmallows alongside some glazed donuts. This deadly combination beats the cold weather and helps you enjoy warmth to the full extent.
While hot cocoa is made from cocoa powder and not chocolate, hot chocolate is made from milk chocolate or dark chocolate, which adds more richness and creaminess to the drink.
And while there are already so many recipes for making hot chocolate, we are going to tell you this amazingly delicious hot chocolate recipe that will wow you and your family when they’ll have a taste of it.
What You’ll Need
- Milk: ½ liter
- Sugar: 2 tablespoons
- Cocoa powder: 3 tablespoons
- Dark chocolate: 2 tablespoons (grated)
- Milk chocolate: 3 tablespoons (grated)
- Salt: one pinch
- Corn flour: ½ tsp
You will also need:
- Plastic party mugs
- Disposable plastic teacups
- Stylish plastic coffee mugs
Directions to Follow
- Pour milk into a saucepan and bring it to a boil. You can use dairy or dairy-free milk according to your preference.
- Add sugar, grated dark chocolate, grated milk chocolate, cocoa powder, and salt to it and give it a good stir.
- Let it simmer for around a minute while stirring so that everything gets dissolved nicely. Make sure you stir the mixture continuously and don’t walk away from it - otherwise, the milk will boil over the stove.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornflour in a tablespoon or two of milk and add in the already boiling mixture. The cornflour will instantly thicken up the drink, and you will have to look for a perfect consistency for your hot chocolate. Or you can only wait for 2 minutes after adding the cornflour and turning off the flame.
- Pour the drink in our stylish plastic coffee mugs. They will add more value to your hot chocolate by giving it an elegant look.
- Brown some marshmallows over an open fire, avoiding them to catch fire, and place them over the hot chocolate.
Get ready to be impressed by your cooking skills and drink this ultimate delicious hot chocolate that you made for yourself in no time.
Health Benefits of Hot Chocolate
Research shows that hot chocolate improves heart health and that has a positive impact on reducing cardiovascular diseases. It is also beneficial for people who are at risk of Diabetes Type II, unlike other sweeteners.
Also, scientists at the University of Birmingham have proved that hot chocolate improves brainpower. The tryptophans provide our body with improved muscles and help enzymes in their working.
So, there’s no reason for you to say no to a cup of hot chocolate in this cold weather.