Pancakes are one of those miraculous dishes that allow you to enjoy cake for your breakfast. As a result, you may believe that a healthy pancake recipe is either an oxymoron or an unappealing tasteless trap. We're here just to tell you that making tasty and nutritious homemade pancakes is entirely possible.
Are you looking for an easy and healthy pancake recipe? Depending on what you're searching for, we have a variety of choices for you! There is no universal definition of a healthy pancake: some of us consider several calories per pancake, while others choose pancakes that are high in nutrient-dense foods or follow a certain diet. As a result, there are numerous alternatives on this list.
Whoever said you cannot make a healthy pancake recipe hasn't seen these. These scrumptious pancakes would attract more guests when served in gold or silver-colored fancy mini plastic plates.
Try Oatmeal Pancakes made entirely of oats or Cottage Cheese, which are strong in protein. Vegan pancakes, or those containing banana or applesauce, are a great choice.
What can you add to pancakes to improve their flavor?
That is a personal choice, but you'll find plenty of inspiration in this collection of recipes. Coconut, berries, cinnamon, vanilla, lemon zest, and a whole lot more immediately spring to mind. Baking powder is also included in several of the recipes, which adds to the fluffy factor. When in doubt, throw in some chocolate chips.
Fluffy Wheat Pancakes That Taste Amazing
For a healthy twist on typical pancakes, try this whole wheat pancake recipe, which is rich in whole grains and offers dairy-full and dairy-free choices.
The following ingredients are needed for a simple whole wheat pancake recipe:
Flour, sugar, eggs, baking powder, butter, and milk.
We made a few swaps for our whole wheat pancake recipe, but you can stick to the basics as well. For this recipe, you need:
- In a large bowl, whisk the dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Stir together the dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients (buttermilk, almond milk, or regular milk), melted butter (or oil), and egg:
- To combine the two ingredients, whisk them together until the flour is completely gone.
- Unlike many of the very thin pancake mixtures that flow like water, this will make a fairly thick batter. It's one of the things that makes them so fluffy.
- You can spoon it onto a heated griddle in tablespoons, but few of us prefer to portion it out with disposable mini partyware so that each pancake looks tempting and of the same size.
- Cook the pancakes until bubbles appear on top. Check for golden browning on the bottom, then turn and cook for a few more minutes.
- Without any toppings, these pancakes won't win any beauty contests, but they taste amazing. You can pour pure maple syrup or top them with fruit like sliced bananas and strawberries.
Delicious and Healthy Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
These pancakes are gluten-free, sugar-free, and dairy-free pancakes that are rich in many nutrients. You're not going even a single one! These pancakes are also free of butter and oil.
Without all of the additives, these light pancakes will keep you satisfied and full. In a blender, these Banana Oat Pancakes can be stirred up quickly. You will not believe how tasty they are!
Only 7 ingredients are required to make these better and healthier pancakes!
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup milk (Almond milk)
- 1 Egg White
- ½ cup oats (you can use gluten-free)
- 2 Tablespoons 100% Real Maple Syrup
- 1 Banana
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
Blend almond milk, egg white, eggs, maple syrup, banana, vanilla, oats, salt, and baking powder. Blend until it gets completely smooth.
Preheat the pan to a moderate flame. Add butter or coconut oil once it's warmed up. In a circle, pour pancake dough into the pan. On one side, cook for 2-3 mins. Cook for another 1-2 min on the other side.
You can add chocolate chips, sliced almonds, banana slices, and fresh berries for pretty toppings.
Customizable protein Pancakes
With these healthy and customized protein pancakes, you can boost your protein intake in the mornings.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of protein powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup flour
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 cup almond milk
- and pieces of chocolates for toppings
Mix the protein powder, baking powder, and flour in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
Stir in the mashed bananas, almond milk, and egg until everything is well blended and no chunks remain. Allow 5 minutes for the mixture to thicken.
Grease a pan in coconut oil or melt a teaspoon of coconut oil in the pan. Add each pancake one at a time to the pan over medium heat and top with desired toppings.
Allow for 2-4 minutes of cooking time on each side. Before flipping the pancake, wait until it is mostly cooked through. Cooking time varies per stovetop, but mine takes around 3 minutes per side.
Top with nut butter, maple syrup, or other desired toppings.
How to Make Perfect Pancakes - Tips To Remember
- Always cook on a low flame. This procedure ensures that the batter on top cooks more thoroughly, making it easier to turn the pancakes. The bottom will also be less likely to burn.
- Make the pancakes as small as possible. They're less likely to break and are easy to flip.
- Make sure to use a nonstick frying pan. The sugar in the banana makes the batter stick to the pan more easily, so you'll need it here.
- For flipping, use a thin steel spatula, or even a metal spatula. Those silicone/plastic ones are unlikely to be beneficial here because they are too thick to fit under the pancake effectively.
We have one of the finest plastic mini party supplies for you in-store. Our beautiful mini partyware presents a complete bundle of perfection mixed with a prettiness that will beautify your party tables to perfection, with just the right size, amazing designs, and high-quality plastic construction.